This past weekend we went to our neighbor’s Simon and Tara’s
lodge for people who are climbing Kilimanjaro. They had a HUGE property
including a river, a field of coffee beans and of course the cabins. Every day
at the lodge, people would let their cattle out to graze in a field next to the
cabins. So you can image the scene, there are about 5 cabins around a center
garden. On one of the sides of the garden there was a fence and on the other
side of that fence there was a GIANT lawn sloping down towards a cliff. At the bottom
of the cliff there was a medium sized rushing river. And, of course I threw the
Frisbee on the field. One time my dad threw the Frisbee too far and it went out
of sight on some bushes that hung over the cliff. So, we all looked for the
Frisbee and a Tanzanian boy that we were throwing the Frisbee with found it. In
one of the cabins there was a 6 foot long bathtub! And, I bet that the bathtub
could fit at least 16 gallons. On their property, they have pigs, and goats. Also, on the way back, I threw up in the car!
| my favorite PIG |
| The Ultimate place to be |
On Monday the 24th, we had our
first “spirit day” at school. For spirit day, all of the houses (Meru, Kibo, and
Mwenzi) gather on the fields and have a competition on which team can get the
most points. You can get points by: wearing you’re house t-shirt or by doing
good in the sports competitions. Some of the things that are in the competitions
are long jump, high jump, swimming and running track. My house is Meru. But,
sadly Meru hasn’t won the “House Cup” in like seven years. And, the scores for
our first sports competition were… In third place Meru with 268 points… and in
second place Mwenzi with about 280 points…. And in first place Kibo with 301
points. But as far as I know, Meru has the same number of points as Gryffindor
in the first “Harry Potter” books. So, the tides could turn!
hello
ReplyDeletehello, from ian
DeleteDear Ian,
ReplyDeleteMalcolm and I are enjoying reading your blog entries. Great pig picture. That is an impressive snout. We are glad that neither you nor the frisbee fell off the cliff into the river. We hope your house earns some more points. Jamila and Malcolm
From: Ian. Thanks for commenting. I also really want us to earn some points!
DeleteI love your photo of the pig! It looks very artistic with his giant nostrils...like he is trying to smell us. He also looks like he has lots of personality too. What did he say to you? I'm sorry about you throwing up on your visit. Was it something you ate? Too much fun? Spirit Day at school sounds like fun. Please record some of these games. Perhaps we can play some of them in PE and/or field day! I bet you Ms. Fleck will be very interested. - Ms. Kathleen
ReplyDeleteFrom Ian,
DeleteI think that the pig was trying to say "NEED FOOD!" ISM also competes with other schools from Tanzania on Sports Day. But, only a select group of people are allowed to compete agenst the other schools. So, I hope that I can be one of thoose selected people! I think that it would be pretty fun if McDonald has "houses". For example, Adams, Baker, and Helans (famous Mountains). And, It would be a great way to unite the 5th graders and the kindergardeners!
Sorry you threw up in the car Ian. Was it car sickness? I take it the roads are quite what you are used to here in the US. A little bumby perhaps? Thinking of you! Deb
ReplyDeleteI am feeling much better now!:) Can you visit?
DeleteFrom Ian!
Hi Ian it's max, nice pig! are you going to turn it in to turn it in to bacon? if so, bring me back some Tanzanian bacon I bet it's good!
ReplyDeletehi Max, its ian. Sadly, we do not own that pig so we can no turn it into bacon. And, if we were allowed to turn it into bacon it would probibly go bad seince the power goes out alot. :( Cant wait to see you again.
DeleteFROM, IAN WILLIAM CUNNINGHAM- WARD!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete