
By Carolyn & IAN
COMBINED
A few weekends ago we had a new adventure for our family - we tried canyoning and loved it. Our friend Simon and a student from Ian's school organized the trip - a group of about 20 of us to walk, wade, scramble and swim down a stretch of river nearby that was down deep in a canyon. It was pretty incredible. Unlike in the U.S. it was pretty much "you're on your own" if any injuries happened. And, sometimes little kids would throw rocks down at other people . As you can see, its pretty far up the canyon wall so we could get seriously hurt from the rocks. As a solution to that, we work bike helmets and just hoped we'd finish it safely.
 |
| Here is us just starting out. I'm in green. |
 |
| Jump Ian! |
Good idea about the bike helmets! The photos are breath taking. Must be tough to have to take a vacation from your vacation! I took last week off. Saw more doctors than I care to admit, but they were all in Frisco. Called my corporate office in Rapid City, SD on Friday and said I wasn't ready to come back on Monday.(I have 3 more weeks to take).But, good sense prevailed. Remembered I have a large proposal to prepare that is due on Friday, Oct. 23, 2015. So, hi ho, hi ho,i it's off to work I go...whistling all the way..Enjoy keeping up with this incredible adventure you are undertaking.Stay safe, love from Texas. Linda
ReplyDeleteGood idea about the bike helmets! The photos are breath taking. Must be tough to have to take a vacation from your vacation! I took last week off. Saw more doctors than I care to admit, but they were all in Frisco. Called my corporate office in Rapid City, SD on Friday and said I wasn't ready to come back on Monday.(I have 3 more weeks to take).But, good sense prevailed. Remembered I have a large proposal to prepare that is due on Friday, Oct. 23, 2015. So, hi ho, hi ho,i it's off to work I go...whistling all the way..Enjoy keeping up with this incredible adventure you are undertaking.Stay safe, love from Texas. Linda
ReplyDeleteWow! That looks like a blast. And so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWow! That looks like a blast. And so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSuper cool! We would love to join you on this adventure!
ReplyDeleteLove the adventures you guys are having!
ReplyDelete